Faucets are how assets (tokens) enter an ecosystem and sinks are how assets (tokens) are removed from an ecosystem. In a game economy, they must be balanced properly to create sustainability and bring value to its players. Sinks can be split into two types:
- Inflationary Sinks (net negative): a player pays X amount now to upgrade/repair/craft/breed NFTs and they can earn an additional amount sometime in the future. What the player pays is sunk immediately, but they can earn more than what they paid in the future.
- Deflationary Sinks (net positive): a player pays X amount to buy a product, service, cosmetic, or owned asset that has no impact on their ability to earn more. A deflationary sink is spending with no monetary benefits.
HOPE$ has an unlimited supply, but it is only created when players spend time sleeping or performing healthy habits, and each player can only create a limited amount of HOPE$ per day/night.
- Leveling up Sheep (inflationary)
- Sheep Abilities (inflationary)
- Renewed Life
- NFT Items (inflationary)
- DREAM$ Earning (deflationary)
- NFT Skins/Cosmetics (deflationary)
- In-App Purchases (deflationary)
- Online Classes or Activities
- In-person Classes or Activities
- Products such as Wearables, Fitness Gear, Sleep Aids, and More.
- Layer 2 Dreamland Membership (deflationary, coming soon)